EternaMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EternaMS

We're so 1337 ;D

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Rant :D

Go down 
+2
Anthony
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

My Rant :D Empty
PostSubject: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime09.11.08 14:20

As a super special awesome GM of Eterna, I tend to get not so super special awesome issues concerning being a GM. Most of the time, I'd like to say I'm pretty tolerant of "noob" questions, the only time I usually make exceptions is EITHER: It's on the forum, OR I already explained the solution, but you aren't listening or... some other shit.

Anywho~

This rant will mostly concern lag... hold on... L.O.A.D....I.N.G.....
Okay :3

So lag tends to be an issue on Eterna, it's an issue on pretty much all Pservers but since we play Eterna, we'll deal with Eterna's issues only. So Alvin, the server hoster and Admin of Eterna, runs Eterna on his laptop. If his laptop lags (Due to pr0nz, Downloads, obstructiveness, w.e) the whole Eterna server will lag. We tred solving this problem by doing an item wipe (I had to keep explaining this to people...). It did clean up the lag a little, but that's more or less a temporary solution and we still are having problems. Another part of what causes lag is the amount of people playing at one time. If this server has over 100 players online at a time, it usually starts lagging a lot more then usual. Avatar Smegas are also a contributor to lag. So DON'T AVI SMEGA BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW LAGGY THE SERVER IS YOU BLUBBERY VAGINAS. Ahem.

As the sole GM taking on the night shift, I get the request to stop the lag A LOT. I am a GM, not a god, I can't simply STOP THE LAG. The other is to restart the server, which only ALVIN, AS THE HOST OF THIS SERVER CAN DO. The only thing I might be able to do is shut down the server, and if I do that, Alvin has to reboot it. Which I don't think you guys want right? right.

A conspiracy I've gotten is that I as a GM either: purposely make people lag OR let people lag on purpose to suffer.
WHAT THE FUCK! THAT IS BULLSHIT, MY DEARS Evil or Very Mad Okay I play Eterna on a Windows 2002 XP...Something. You see year the laptop was made? I play Eterna on a 6 year old laptop. Meaning being on an old ass computer, though still functional, I ALSO LAG A GREAT DEAL. Even if I was some sort of greedy asshole who just wanted people to suffer, I personally, don't like to lag. I can't properly host events with too much lag, and it gets pretty damn boring when you just sit in one spot at 4 AM. I want events too! So quit the whole: I am a corrupted GM asshole. It's just absolute nonsense.

What can we do to prevent lag? Don't Avi Smega is one, throw away useless items as much as possible, and don't use smoke screen/poison mist.
Back to top Go down
http://eternams.omgforum.net
Anthony
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime09.11.08 17:01

no u
Back to top Go down
AIvin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime09.11.08 18:15

MAI ROFLKNIEF GOES SLIECSLIECSLIECSLIEC LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime10.11.08 1:42

Anthony wrote:
no u

no u moar
Back to top Go down
MiiN

MiiN

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime10.11.08 3:54

Chill fiara. o.O
Back to top Go down
Copyright

Copyright

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime11.11.08 4:39

Fuck it. She can speak her mind. I couldnt agree more. I get alot of whispers too about some bullshit stuff.

You guys have to agree with me, when some noob asks a question and you answers it, it feels like your talking to a 6 yr old.

Alvin should really run the server on a pc not a laptop. if it lags with only 100+ ppl that says something.

Ps. I love men with hairy bushes Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/connorcd
Anthony
Anthony

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime13.11.08 6:40

Copyright wrote:
Fuck it. She can speak her mind. I couldnt agree more. I get alot of whispers too about some bullshit stuff.

You guys have to agree with me, when some noob asks a question and you answers it, it feels like your talking to a 6 yr old.

Alvin should really run the server on a pc not a laptop. if it lags with only 100+ ppl that says something.

Woah Connor didn't want to know the last part.
Back to top Go down
Ares

Ares

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime01.12.08 4:15

Copyright wrote:

Why would we want to know that last sentence? If you like those things talk to the Zohan.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime01.12.08 5:40

Oh dear. Lulz Squee someone's been a naughty boy ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Rant :D   My Rant :D Icon_minitime